August is going to be a pretty busy month.
Read a thons:
- Review Copy-Clean Up is hosted byCelene @Nyx Book Reviews and Vicky @Books, Biscuits and Tea
- Summer Wrap up hosted by Jennifer @Some Like It Paranormal and In Between!
- Bout of Books and I get to do a mini challenge for this one on Aug 18th~
Read a longs:
- Wolf Hall hosted by Fiction State of Mind and The True Book Addict
- The Hobbit hosted by The Saavy Reader
Write a thons:
Road to Hell by Christopher C. Starr
- Praise of Motherhood by Phil Jourdan
- Satan Loves you by Grady Hendrix
- Seven Gifts by John Mellor
- Secrets of Meditation by davidji
- Crossroads by J.J. Bonds
- The Fall by David L. Dawson
- Red Dawn by J.J. Bonds
- Last Wish of Summer by Phillip Overton
- Desert Rice by Angela Scott
- Legion of Nothing by Jim Zoetewey
- Seaweed by Elle Strauss
- Dementional by Tonya Cannariato
- Shadow on the Wall by Pavarti K. Tyler
- Antithesis by Terra Whiteman
- Wolf Hallby Hilary Mantel
- The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
and if I get to them:
- The Dark Faithby Jeremiah W. Montgomery
- Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
- Demon Catchers of Milan by Kat Beyer
- Enchanted Truth by Kym Petrie
- Shakespeare on Toast by Ben Crystal
- Sophie’s Turn by Nicky Wells
- Campaign Promises by Laurel Osterkamp
- Entwined by Heather Dixon
Skinny by Donna CoonerReview coming Sep 13th
- The Forsaken by Lisa M. Stasse
Yeah… that’s a few! But it’s better to have a nice long list and be prepared than not have any list at all! And this way I can pick and choose but quite a few of these I have scheduled for a book review so they HAVE to be read!
So, I haven’t written in ages and although I know this month is going to be really busy, heck it already is and it’s only the FIRST, I think I’m going to sit down and get to work. Seriously. I love writing, always have but I let other things get in the way. Procrastination is my middle name! But with the write a thons coming up I thought I would test my skill, or at the very least start pruning it, and sit down over the next few months and play. Worst case scenario, nothing comes out. Best case scenario, I really pick it up and run with it!~
So, that’s the plan for now. No idea what my goals are yet since I haven’t written in so long, except for blogging (yay!) but we’ll see. I’m thinking 1,000 words a week until the write a thon at the end of August and then I should pick it up to 5,000 a week. If that’s too easy then go even further. But the main goal here is to be ready for NaNoWriMo!
Anyone else busy this month? Are you guys getting ready for NaNoWriMo?!!