December 6: Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read For The First Time In 2016
Sadly I did not read a lot this year but I did read a lot of authors that were new to me. My favorites are Andy Weir and John Scalzi. John Scalzi actually helped me realize that I abso freaking lutely LOVE Sci Fi. I don’t know why this hasn’t come to my attention before and I have talked about it a lot recently but it does still kind of freak me out. Great writers like John Scalzi can get us out of our comfort zone and help us realize that we love something we thought we hated. Here are some more authors that I loved this year.
I am sad to say that I have some new authors on this list that I have been meaning to read forever. Like Richard Matheson. I want to smack myself but life and the fact that there are way too many great books out there has slowed me down! That’s okay, I am conquering this world one book at a time, as I hope, you are!
- The Summer that Melted Everything by Tiffany McDaniel
- This is Where it Ends by Marieke Nijkamp
- Suckers by Z. Rider
- The Martian by Andy Weir
- The Dispatcher by John Scalzi
- Rationality Zero by Jim Guillen
- Love, Lies, and Spies by Cindy Anstey
- The Yoga of Max’s Discontent by Karen Bajaj
- I am Legend by Richard Matheson
- To Catch a Treat by Linda O. Johnston
Who are your favorite new authors?