Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish in June 2010. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We’d love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
December 12: Top Ten Favorite Books of 2017
I sadly did not read as much as I normally do. With buying our house, starting a new job, and my husband’s dad being ill and passing away, there’s been a lot of stress. Some good, some really bad.
I do still have my top ten of the year, of course! Even if I had only read ten, I think I could come up with a fav ten. This year, I was fortunate enough to read some of my favorite authors, find some new authors, and re-read some fabulous stories.
There’s quite a bit of Psychological Thrillers on this list from both adult and ya. That’s been my go to genre this year, that’s for sure!
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline – the nostalgia!
- Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli – Ya is so much fun to read!
- 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher – I read this one so fast. A good mix of psychological and YA.
- Final Girl by Riley Sager – Twist came out of nowhere.
- Everything You Want Me to Be by Mindy Meija
- Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris – Don’t read anything from B.A. Paris with the lights off.
- The Breakdown by B.A. Paris – another because they’re brilliant.
- Best Day Ever by Kaira Rouda – A Why mixed with Whodunit. Brilliant! Left me guessing until the very end.
- Unraveling Oliver by Liz Nugent – My first WHYdunit. Loved it!
- The Blind by A. F. Brady – Nice twist at the end.
What’s on your top ten for 2017?