Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish in June 2010. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We’d love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
December 19: Top Ten Books I Hope Santa Brings
I freaking love the holidays. I mean like LOVE. Maybe not quite a much as Elf, but it’s a close second! That said, when I tell people I want books for Christmas, they look at me like I’ve grown another head. Or lost the one I have. I don’t know why this seems like such a boring concept. I love books. I also love coffee cups! Done! How easy is that list? But, nope. My family and friends are nuts and they don’t think getting books is a good enough present.
But, if they were to get me some fabulous books for Christmas, this would be the list I would hope they chose from:
- Harry Potter! Does this count as one or eight? I read them when they first came out and I have no clue where my books are now.
- Alton Brown cook books. Any of them. How many does he even have now? I want them all!
- Discworld, Terry Pratchett Collection with their pretty new covers!
- Science of Discworld Books. I have NONE of these. Why cruel world, why?!
- Cat Who Series by Lilian Jackson Braun
I think I’ll leave it at five considering all of these have multiple books. That’s like 100 books in that list of five!
What books do you want for Christmas (or the holiday you celebrate)?