Top Ten Books That Would Be On Your Syllabus If You Taught “How to Survive in a Zombie Apocalypse” 101
With Walking Dead and Halloween around the corner I’m already getting excited about zombiefesting! Tons of zombies every day! If I were to teach a class on survival in the zombiopocalypse it would have to include some of my all time favorite zombie horrors.
- 1 – Max Brooks is the know it all when it comes to the zombie apocalypse, so first up would be his Zombie Survival Guide.
- 2 – The Art of Eating through the Zombie Apocalypse just because everyone around you is starving does not mean YOU have to!
- 3,4,5 – Next is Mira Grant. Her books give a detailed narration about living in a world that is full of zombies. What TO and NOT to do. A must when getting prepared! The Newsflesh Trilogy has expanded to include many novellas that all have to do with survival. Although this is more than three if I included the novellas, my favorite is The Day the Dead Came to Show and Tell. There’s a ton of info packed into this one that is all about how to survive in close quarters.
- 6 – Ian Rob Wright is another author that delves deeply into the midst of gore and horror as he presents the world with what could happen if zombies were to take over. His writing is amazing because the characters, and their reactions are so true to what would probably really happen. Making this book even scarier. Ravage represents his writing in a fantastically savage way.
- 7, 8 – Belinda Frisch‘s Strandville Series. A how to but more importantly how NOT to act during the zombie apocalypse.
- 9 – Zombie, Inc by Christine Dougherty because you know there is going to be someone out there trying to make a buck off of the apocalypse. Why not make that you!
- 10 – And last but not least how to love through the zombie apocalypse. We have to continue producing right? Love & Zombies by Eric Shapiro tells it all.
Who would you teach?