The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~
~ It’s a chance to share news~
A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.
- [21 Jan] Sunday Post! Why is it so cold!?
- [22 Jan] 99 Keys to a Creative Life: Spiritual, Intuitive, and Awareness Practices for Personal Fulfillment by Melissa Harris ★★★★★
- [23 Jan] Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Enjoyed but Cannot Remember
- [24 Jan] Scone Cold Killer (All-Day Breakfast Café Mystery #1) by Lena Gregory ★★★
- [25 Jan] Frankenstein, or The Modern Prometheus by Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley, Percy Bysshe Shelley ★★★½
- [26 Jan] Book Review: Mort by Terry Pratchett ★★★★★
- [27 Jan] Book Blog Discussions – Reviving Old Posts
- [27 Jan] Scone Cold Killer (All-Day Breakfast Café Mystery #1) by Lena Gregory ★★★★½
Six more weeks of winter!
You can’t even trust ground hogs any more. I begged this little guy not to see his shadow. I mean, do whatever it takes. Close your damn eyes!
On a separate note, aren’t these guys adorable all jazzed up in their outfits. I also bet Punxsutawny Phil is pretty spoiled. Although, it does seem like the guys were egging Phil on to say another six weeks of winter. Something is fishy here!
Oh, maybe that’s just his dinner.
Also, I still don’t understand Dilly Dilly. Can someone please explain this?
Since we’ve moved to Louisiana, I’m not much of a Football watcher. My team is the Tampa Bay Bucs. I miss watching their games! But, I do love the Super Bowl. Hopefully it’s a great game, but more importantly, I cannot wait for the commercials! Last year seemed a bit ho hum to me, so I’m waiting with bated breath!
Also, I went a little food crazy. We found some sales and bought wings, stuffed mushrooms, and we’re going to make nachos. And it’s just me and the hubby. We should have lunch for tomorrow!
On the reading front, I feel like this week didn’t even happen. I did get to one of my Terry Pratchett’s and a cozy mystery that has been on my Netgalley shelf for a few months, and I finally read Farenheit 451 for the classic challenge. I also purchased or borrowed a lot of books! But that’s it! I even had the week off of work, due to my darling Bruno dancing on my desk and smashing my laptop… This pup. He’s 100 pounds of pure scardey cat! Hubby and I were out grocery shopping and Bruno decided to check for us upstairs and the office wasn’t closed. He doesn’t do well with storms when we ARE HOME, so I can only imagine how he felt being alone. Fortunately, I work at Amazon and they replaced the laptop with no cost from me. <3 <3 <3
For the last three weeks I’ve been wanting to get to The Silent Corner by Dean Koontz. I also have The Cruel Prince right next to my reading area as well. My library books, Persuasion and Hamlet are due by the 7th, so I may try to squeeze those two in after work!
Books I purchased or received through Netgalley:
BoxerMommyReads said that Unsub by Meg Gardiner gave her nightmares. I immediately purchased this baby! I can’t wait to read it.
Netgalley. Guys… I can’t even talk about my Netgalley percentage. But when I request a book and they accept and send me said pretty book! I’m in love with this process! I need help. These four are just for the fabulous Puppy Love Challenge (link below!!).
Then there’s the ones that sound thrilling!
We’ll just pretend that my TBR isn’t growing by the minute.
Coming up in February!
– Bloggiesta Winter Mini is happening Feb 3rd and 4th! This is a great time to get onto the blog and do some work! If you can’t get to it for the Feb weekend, they’re having another week long one: Spring Week Long Bloggiesta: March 19-25.
– Puppy Love Reading Challenge! Have you guys seen all the cozy mysteries with pups on the covers? This cute challenge is going to be adorable!
Read at least one book which: has a dog (or cat) on the cover or features a dog (or cat) in it.