The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~
~ It’s a chance to share news~
A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.
Last Week’s Posts
- [1 Apr] Sunday Post: Happy Easter!
- [1 Apr] Blogging from A to Z – A for Annabelle
- [2 Apr] Blogging from A to Z – B for B.A. Paris
- [3 Apr] Top Ten Tuesday: Characters I liked That Were In Disliked Books
- [3 Apr] Blogging from A to Z – C for Carrow Haunt ★★★★½
- [4 Apr] A to Z: D for Deliver Us From Evil ★★★★★
- [5 Apr] A to Z Blogging- E for Exorcist ★★★★★
- [6 Apr] Blogging from A to Z – F Final Destination ★★★
- [6 Apr] Book Review: Lords and Ladies by Terry Pratchett ★★★★★
- [6 Apr] Ready Player One by ★★★★½
- [7 Apr] Blogging from A to Z – G Gerald’s Game ★★★★★
- [7 Apr] Book Blog Discussions – Book Clubs
Is anyone else doing this A to Z challenge? I’m excited because it’s making me write more than I normally do, but it is a little stressful!
My biggest problem is the few letters that are crazy. They’re probably crazy for everyone though. I currently have all letters figured out except U and X. **Update, got everything figured out! There’s a movie called XX that saved me!** Surprisingly I found a book that started with Quarterly! YAY! And while some posts are strictly what I would think of as horror, they all rise the heartbeat more than the average drama would. Some of these have also really made me think. Even days after reading or watching them! Those are the plots that I like the most.
Although, if there’s some serial killer and I’m thinking about him hiding in my closet while I’m trying to go to sleep… that’s not so much fun. Which is partly what happened the other night after I watched Gerald’s Game. There was a figure in the movie that kept showing up at night and of course she told herself it was just the trick of the light. Well, when you’re trying to go to sleep and the closet doors are open, of COURSE your mind is going to jump to that part of the movie. I mean, why not? I’m just trying to go to sleep, nothing important.
Then there’s Blog Ahead. I love this challenge! A few times a year Anna from Herding Cats and Burning Soup will host the Blog Ahead Challenge. This is basically a challenge to create more posts than you had when you started. This one is two weeks this time and I’m working to get five posts scheduled, each day, until the challenge is over. I did so well! This is the first time I’ve been able to accomplish all of these posts. I did count when a post was posted as well, so some days I had to do 6 or 7 posts to stay ahead. Oh… it was killer, but fantastic. It’s the first time I’ve felt really great. BUT still, gotta finish up my A to Z then I’ll feel fabulous.
You would think the A to Z and Blog Ahead go together perfectly! What I’m finding is that the time I need to read or watch movies, I’m blogging instead. So I’m just now on F (writing this as of Wednesday) and F is due Friday! **edit, and now I’m on J and J is for Tuesday, still a bit behind**Ack! And most of my A to Z is about horror books. I think I need to change it up a little and add more movies in there. Horror is horror, right? Sadly, or not sadly in this case, I have a lot of great books on this list, so unless I get way behind, I think I’m going to keep plugging along!
Speaking of horror, I’ve been loving reading and watching all things horror this month. I’m thinking of switching back to adding in a weekly horror review. It won’t start until May, maybe even June so I can get prepared, but there are so many more books and movies that I could add to this challenge that I could do two challenges! Well, with the exception of letters like X.
I’m still thinking about it, but I loved doing this before, so I might add it back in. Either way, there’s going to be more horror on the blog, because I missed it!
I’m so happy to say that Reba is fitting in wonderfully! With a house full of pups it’s a concern that all of them will get along. Especially since we have two that cannot even look at each other without fighting (that’s a process that I want to blog about soon, so stressful!). Fortunately, Reba is doing great though and even follows me to work every morning!
We’ve taken her on a couple of short walks, and although we’re trying to start slow, she power walked the entire thing. It was only a little over a mile, but she’s seven so we didn’t want to push her little legs. She was in front the whole time! Only at the end did she start to look like she was getting tired. But that’s also the time when they all want to stop and pee on every freaking piece of grass. There must be more dogs living around the end of our walk than the beginning. Whatever it is, it slows us down dramatically.
Cooking has also been a lot of fun this week. We tried an easy version of Beef Wellington, which came out wonderfully! And had Carrot Cake for dessert. We weren’t even celebrating anything, just having a great evening. The carrot cake… guys!!! The icing is so easy. It’s just cream cheese with honey. I’m going to make this for bagels. Add some walnuts and viola! Yummy, halfway healthy (maybe, maybe not), delicious breakfast! And easy too!
Coming Next Week!
- [8 Apr] Blogging from A to Z – Extra Day! Event Horizon ★★★★★
- [8 Apr] Sunday Post: Spring Reading Challenges
- [9 Apr] Blogging from A to Z – H for House of Leaves ★★★★★
- [10 Apr] Blogging from A to Z – I for Invitation ★★★★
- [10 Apr] Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Loved but Will Never Re-read
- [11 Apr] Blogging from A to Z – J for Jeepers Creepers ★★★
- [12 Apr] Book Review: The Road to Hell by Christopher C. Starr ★★★★
- [12 Apr] Blogging from A to Z – K for Killing it Softly ★★★★★
- [13 Apr] Book Review: Theater of Cruelty by Terry Pratchett ★★★★
- [13 Apr] Blogging from A to Z- L for Life ★★★★½
- [14 Apr] Book Blog Discussions – Fictitious Towns That I Want to Live In
- [14 Apr] Blogging from A to Z – M for Mr. Mercedes ★★★★★