The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~
~ It’s a chance to share news~
A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.
Last Week’s Posts
- [8 Apr] Blogging from A to Z – Extra Day! Event Horizon ★★★★★
- [8 Apr] Sunday Post: Spring Reading Challenges
- [9 Apr] Blogging from A to Z – H for House of Leaves ★★★★★
- [10 Apr] Blogging from A to Z – I for Invitation ★★★★
- [10 Apr] Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Loved but Will Never Re-read
- [11 Apr] Blogging from A to Z – J for Jeepers Creepers ★★★
- [12 Apr] Book Review: The Road to Hell by Christopher C. Starr ★★★★
- [12 Apr] Blogging from A to Z – K for Killing it Softly ★★★★★
- [13 Apr] Book Review: Theater of Cruelty by Terry Pratchett ★★★★
- [13 Apr] Blogging from A to Z- L for Life ★★★★½
- [14 Apr] Book Blog Discussions – Fictitious Towns That I Want to Live In
- [14 Apr] Blogging from A to Z – M for Mr. Mercedes ★★★★★
I touched on this a bit in last week’s Sunday post. I am loving all the horror I’m reading and watching. I think since we’ve bought this house, which was March of 2017, I was shying a little away from horror because my imagination gets the best of me. I haven’t even tried to sleep upstairs yet. I mean, why would I, but really, why would I tempt whatever is lurking up there? Not really into that whole temptation thing!
I did use my mother-in-law and dad as guinea pigs. Both slept up there at random times and neither have been killed. So I think it’s safe. But it’s also better to be safe than sorry!
With all the horror I’ve read recently, I’m sure I’m not going to sleep up there any time soon. Funnily enough, the water heater does make an eerie sound, that sounds very much like the sound you hear before the ghosts (or spirits, demons) whatever those things are in Paranormal activity, attack. Which just leads my imagination to further believe that something weird is going on up there.
When I’m up by myself, especially late at night, I pretend like I don’t even know what my brain is talking about. Weird sounds from Paranormal Activity? I’m not thinking of that. I don’t even know what you’re talking about brain, JUST IN CASE ghosts can read minds, because I’m not a ghost. I don’t know these things!
Obviously, reading horror is adding to my imagination. This may or may not be a good thing. I’m enjoying myself, and I think that’s what matters. At least when I’m not up at 3am and thinking about the last movie/book that I watched/read. Which of course happens all the time because my brain hates me!
The two silly mutts that hate each other are separated by two fences that started at a gap of about ten feet. They couldn’t see each other without yelling up a storm, running up and down the fence, and basically letting the entire neighborhood know that they were never going to accept each other.
Friday, I moved one of the fences closer, so now the gap is down to four feet. These two stubborn pups have been doing so well that hubster and I decided to start closing the gap more frequently. We were slowly closing it, inches at a time. The last two moves have been a foot each!
I took Bruno out to see the changes, and he just looked at Monty and just went about his business! I don’t think they even noticed the difference.
We’ve been training them with cheese, and each time they look at each other, we give them a little square bit. Every once in a while they still bark, but it’s getting a lot better. I think Bruno meeting Reba has also helped quite a bit. He’s very sheltered after getting into those fights with the farm dog. We have a huge back yard so he doesn’t have to meet anyone else. And after Charlie (the random pup that just entered our yard) came by, I think Bruno is starting to understand that not all pups are jerks.
It’s still a work in progress. When they do fight, at least we have two fences in between, but it is agonizingly stressful to watch. I’m just so glad something is working and I’m hoping within the year they should be able to be around each other, without anything in between, without fighting. That’s my goal!
I didn’t get much, but I did have to grab books for both U and Y. I’ve been having trouble finding those letters! Fortunately, I found a cozy mystery, You Slay Me and I’m hoping The Unseen will work for me. I’m not entirely impressed with the synopsis, AND it sounds like another psychological thriller, so I may wind up taking that back if I can find something else.
I did get The Turn of the Screw, which will add a classic to my list! I think adding a gothic horror will help to fill out the month nicely! Just three books and I’m done with the challenge!
It has been more and less challenging than I imagined. More so due to my reading habits. I want to read psychological thrillers for everything. There are enough out there that I may have been able to do an A to Z challenge just with those. But, I like the horror aspect of keeping the horror genre, but adding in a new theme every day. I’m enjoying the challenge so much, that I am tempted to work on next year’s challenge already. I’m thinking a Disney challenge would be delightful, and help me change it up a bit considering this was ALL horror!
To shake things up, I also got So, Anyway by John Cleese. I cannot explain just how excited I am with this one. I’m sure it’s going to be filled with hilarity, and with all this horror, I think I could use a few laughs.
Did you join the challenge? How are you doing? What did you love/hate about it? Has it been harder or easier than you expected?
Coming Next Week!
- [15 Apr] Blogging from A to Z Extra! – Apocalypse Z ★★★★★
- [15 Apr] Sunday Post: Horror, horror, and more horror!
- [16 Apr] A to Z Blogging- N for Nightmare on Elm Street ★★★★★
- [17 Apr] Top Ten Tuesday: Book to Movie Differences that Drive Me Nuts
- [17 Apr] A to Z Challenge: O for Oculus ★★★½
- [18 Apr] Blogging from A to Z – P for Prometheus ★★★
- [19 Apr] TBT: Guest Post with Shannon Mayer – Zombies, How Do I Love Thee?
- [19 Apr] Blogging from A to Z – Q for Quarantine ★★★★
- [20 Apr] Blogging from A to Z – R for Radius ★★★★★
- [20 Apr] Book Review: Men at Arms by Terry Pratchett ★★★★★
- [21 Apr] Blogging from A to Z – S in Suspense
- [21 Apr] Book Blog Discussions – How I Organize Books for Review