The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~
~ It’s a chance to share news~
A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.
Last Week’s Posts
- [25 Mar] Sunday Post: Getting Lost in a Library
- [26 Mar] Sweet Revenge: Passive-Aggressive Desserts for Your Exes & Enemies by Heather Kim ★★★★★
- [27 Mar] Top Ten Tuesday: Books that Take Place in Another Country
- [28 Mar] There's Cake in My Future by Kim Gruenenfelder ★★★★
- [29 Mar] Gemina (The Illuminae Files, #2) by Amie Kaufman, Jay Kristoff, Marie Lu ★★★★★
- [30 Mar] Book Review: Small Gods by Terry Pratchett ★★★
- [31 Mar] Book Blog Discussions – Book Clubs
Easter on the Discworld!
For those that celebrate, I hope you are having a wonderful Easter. Our plans are to go see Ready Player One, play some games, and to eat a lot of food. Basic American holiday.
Speaking of games! We broke out one of our Discworld games and I am so glad we did. If you’re a fan of Terry Pratchett and haven’t seen these games, they are fantastic. The rules can be a bit tedious but we have three of the many fun games that are out there. I found Thud today, but there’s only one and it’s something like $250. A bit steep for my blood, even if it is the ONLY one I can find. Sigh…
We started a bit late Wednesday night and decided to call it quits about a quarter of the way through, so we’re picking Guards! Guards! back up this weekend. It’s fun and different. There are so many games out there, but as a Discworld fan, these are just brilliant. Although we had to call it an early night, we’re going to jump back in this weekend!
Check out one of the cards I got, Sergeant Jackrum. Not only does the card tell you a bit about Sergeant Jackrum, but also what book they are in. As if I could forget Sergeant Jackrum! A few of the characters are a bit random though, so I’m glad for the reminder.
I think the four that we have cost around $50 each. And we only paid that much because we’re die hard fans. I definitely suggest getting them if you’re also a fan, but if you’re just starting the series, maybe skip these. Especially since there doesn’t seem to be many out there. Makes me sad.
I did it again. Minus the book I get from the library, I have been trying, and not very successfully, not to add to my TBR. This week I basically failed miserably!
Purchased Certain Dark Things (which sounds super creepy, so I’m excited). And that was my only purchase, so I guess I’m not doing that bad.
Netgalley though. B.A. Paris has another book coming out, Bring Me Back! I’m going to talk about her in my A to Z Challenge in April. I love her writing so of course when I saw the latest book, I could not resist!
I also got Robin by Dave Itzkoff. About Robin Williams. Another that I could not pass. The cover makes me smile and cry at the same time.
Jinxed by Thommy Hutson sounds amazing. And matches a letter I need in the A to Z challenge! Kind of a win/win there.
Mardi Gras Murder by Ellen Byron sounds adorable and since I’m behind on my cozy mystery challenge, I feel like this is a win/win also!
So, looking back I’m not feeling too bad about this. They’re all books I know I want to read right now so they won’t sit on my TBR for two years.
Coming Next Week!
- [1 Apr] Sunday Post: Happy Easter!
- [1 Apr] Blogging from A to Z – A for Annabelle
- [2 Apr] Blogging from A to Z – B for B.A. Paris
- [3 Apr] Top Ten Tuesday: Characters I liked That Were In Disliked Books
- [3 Apr] Blogging from A to Z – C for Carrow Haunt ★★★★½
- [4 Apr] A to Z: D for Deliver Us From Evil ★★★★★
- [5 Apr] A to Z Blogging- E for Exorcist ★★★★★
- [6 Apr] Blogging from A to Z – F Final Destination ★★★
- [6 Apr] Book Review: Lords and Ladies by Terry Pratchett ★★★★★
- [6 Apr] Ready Player One by ★★★★½
- [7 Apr] Blogging from A to Z – G Gerald’s Game ★★★★★
- [7 Apr] Book Blog Discussions – Book Clubs
NOW!! March 24-April 7