The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~
~ It’s a chance to share news~
A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.
I will miss you October. You were so lovely to me!
I think October may be my favorite month of the year. I talked my hubby into watching some scary movies and I read and listened to some fantastically scary books! The only downside? I know that it is going to start getting cold? And by start I mean, I’m currently wearing three layers and have my space heater pointed directly at me! ARGH!! I hate the cold!
On a plus, November and December are always fantastic and I have so many plans for both months. A lot of reading but some vacation time too 😀
My laptop, which was a beautiful Alien with buttons that lit up like a rainbow, finally died BUT the hubby talked me into getting a Windows Surface! My old laptop was a monster at 17″ and I could not actually take that thing anywhere! Traveling to my sister’s put me into convulsions because this thing was so freaking heavy. So now I’m looking at the gorgeous Surface which is so light and has a detachable keyboard AND a freaking touchscreen!! What?! Yes, please! I think I’m getting spoiled but I’m not going to tell the Hubby that!
Anyone use a Surface before? The big question is: Can it also replace my baby Kindle?!
I am also two weeks into my Philosophy class. This instructor is killing me! I tell him that I think all animals have an inherent value and right to life (yes I eat meat and I feel really guilty about it) and he tells me that there are microbes in my body that are bad for me and if I take medicine would I then be a murderer? OYYYY! I thought I would enjoy you Phi208 but you’re just pissing me off!
As for reading, I think I hit the jackpot for some evil and some great books.
My favs are:
- Overall Fav: Billy & the Cloneasaurus
- Fav Sci Fi: Lock In
- Fav Cookbook: The Tucci Table
- Took me by surprise: Gethsemane
What was your fav read for Oct? Anything scary?
- [1 Oct] Unhinged by A. G. Howard ★★★
- [1 Oct] Night Terror by Jeff Gunhus ★★★★½
- [1 Oct] Moment of Zen! Kitties & Puppies Can Get Along!
- [2 Oct] Cat Thursday! Sneaks!
- [2 Oct] Prim & Proper by Jordan K. Rose ★★★★
- [3 Oct] Spring Shadows by Jennifer Gracen ★★★★½
- [3 Oct] Stitching Snow by R.C. Lewis ★★★½
- [4 Oct] Losing Weight & Living Healthy: Halloween Candy!
- [5 Oct] Sunday Post: Month in Review Edition
- [6 Oct] Book Blitz & Giveaway! Wicked Hot Reads: 10 Paranormal Romances Boxed Set
- [6 Oct] Damn Zombies by Patrick MacAdoo ★★★½
- [7 Oct] Book Blitz & Giveaway & Soundtrack! Bound by Duty by Stormy Smith
- [7 Oct] The Sweetest Thing You Can Sing by C. K. Kelly Martin ★★★
- [8 Oct] Moment of Zen! The Colors of Fall
- [9 Oct] Cat Thursday! Getting ready for Halloween!
- [9 Oct] The Case of the Killer Divorce by Barbara Venkataraman ★★★★★
- [10 Oct] Book Blitz! Day Zero by Summer Lane
- [10 Oct] Gethsemane by R. Douglas Jacobs ★★★★★
- [12 Oct] Sunday Post!
- [13 Oct] Book Blitz & Giveaway! Zoe the Demon Slayer by Neel Kay
- [13 Oct] Horror Mondays! The Walking Dead Seasons 1-4 Review
- [14 Oct] Book Blitz & Giveaway! The Reason I Stay by Patty Maximini
- [15 Oct] The Hunted
- [15 Oct] Moment of Zen! Cutesy Animals!
- [16 Oct] Quantum Creativity by Amit Goswami ★★★
- [16 Oct] Cat Thursday! As Silly as they Can BE!
- [17 Oct] Wonderfully Wicked Read a thon!
- [17 Oct] Book Blitz & Giveaway! Dead New World by Ryan Hill
- [19 Oct] Sunday Post!
- [20 Oct] The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty ★★★★★
- [20 Oct] Horror Mondays: How to Survive a Horror Movie!
- [21 Oct] Loop by Karen Akins ★★★★★
- [21 Oct] Book Blitz, Giveaway, & Guest Post! Master Over You by Cerys du Lys, Ethan Winters
- [22 Oct] Moment of Zen! Bookcases!
- [22 Oct] Phantom Canyon by Geoffrey Thorne, Jeffrey Bridges, Susan Bridges ★★★
- [23 Oct] Lock In by John Scalzi ★★★★½
- [23 Oct] Cat Thursday! Kitties Reading Books!
- [24 Oct] Carnal Magic by Lila Dubois ★★★★★
- [26 Oct] Chills & Thrills Read a Thon & Challenge!
- [26 Oct] Sunday Post!
- [27 Oct] Book Blitz & Giveaway! I Need You by Jane Lark
- [27 Oct] Billy and the Cloneasaurus by Stephen Kozeniewski ★★★★★
- [28 Oct] Interview with Valerie Thomas & Giveaway!
- [28 Oct] Book Blitz & Giveaway! Love Me To Death by Marissa Clarke
- [28 Oct] The Tucci Table by Felicity Blunt, Stanley Tucci ★★★★★
- [29 Oct] The Things in the Darkness by Ira Gansler
- [29 Oct] Home in Harmony by Christa O'Leary ★★★½
- [29 Oct] Moment of Zen! Carving Pumpkins
- [30 Oct] Book Blitz & Giveaway! More Than Exes by Elizabeth Briggs
- [30 Oct] Cat Thursday! Ready to Trick or Treat!
- [31 Oct] The Hunters
- [31 Oct] The Clique by Valerie Thomas ★★★★½
- HO HO HO HOliday Read a thon! Nov 6 – 11