The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~
~ It’s a chance to share news~
A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.
Ok, it’s October…
Hello Wind! Hello cold! … well you can go away cold. Hello colors!
This month has been really crazy for me and really stressful. The hubby has had to travel for 6 weeks now. I have realized that I can do a lot of things but it took figuring out that… HEY the hubster isn’t here to do that. He does a LOT! The good thing is I’m being pretty independent which makes me proud of myself. I have a hubby that will do everything up and including walking for me if he could, which you think would be awesome, but I’ve gotten into a bad habit of allowing him to do nearly everything. So! For the last 6 weeks I’ve taken out the trash, walked the dogs, made my own coffee (ohhh the horror), and more! It’s been great. I don’t have a hunky guy to lean on to open any jars or to help put up laundry, it’s all me.
This may sound weird to you single people out there who are already independent and make your own coffee but after 12 years of marriage we definitely have our system. I do the things he cannot do and he does the things I cannot. And yes, until recently that included making coffee! I just couldn’t get the sugar/cream/coffee ratio correct! But guess what? All this alone time has made me a stronger person! I’d still prefer him to be at home even if I can make coffee now…
Sadly, with all this time on my hands you would think that I’m getting a lot of reading done, alas that is not the case. Algebra is kicking my ass. Like kicking it. I’m not joking. I spent hours upon hours upon hours trying to figure out how to graph inequality equations this week. I finally got the courage up to do the quiz and got a 90% but it was a hard fight. Thank goodness I’m not going into a field that uses math and especially graphs. Who knew I was really this horrible!?
As for reading, I read some ok books, some bleh books, and some great books.
My favs are:
- Overall Fav: Everlasting
- Fav Horror: Night Terror
- Fav Romance: Me Before You (Review coming soon)
- Fav YA & Cover! Crane & Raven
How was your September? Are you ready for cool weather?
- [2 Sep] We Own the Night by Kristen Strassel
- [3 Sep] The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
- [4 Sep] Spring Training by Stacey Lynn Rhoades ★★★★
- [5 Sep] Bend Your Brain by Lindsay Gaskins ★★★★½
- [6 Sep] Losing Weight & Living Healthy: Making Life & Exercise Easy
- [7 Sep] Sunday Post!
- [8 Sep] Horror Mondays! Movie Review: Oculus ★★★½
- [9 Sep] Book Blitz & Giveaway! The Undead: Playing for Keeps by Elsie Elmore
- [9 Sep] Allegiant by Veronica Roth ★★★★
- [10 Sep] Moment of Zen! Joan Rivers
- [11 Sep] Crane by Stacey Rourke ★★★★½
- [11 Sep] Cat Thursday! Need Friends!
- [12 Sep] Getting By by Claudia Burgoa ★★★★
- [12 Sep] The Hockey Saint by Howard Shapiro ★★★½
- [14 Sep] Sunday Post!
- [15 Sep] Fairytale Blog Hop & Giveaway! Choose your adventure!
- [15 Sep] Horror Mondays! Movie Review: ★★½
- [16 Sep] The Mangled Spoon by Joan Mauch ★★★
- [16 Sep] Saints in the Shadows by Alana Cash
- [17 Sep] The Get Over Yourself Handbook on Cheating and Betrayal by Mia Matters, R. Milton Quibner ★★★
- [17 Sep] Moment of Zen! Reading in style!
- [18 Sep] Cat Thursday! Comfy Spot or Precarious Situation? !
- [18 Sep] Book Blitz! Worlds Collide by S.M. McEachern
- [19 Sep] The Abduction of Joshua Bloom by Michael L. Thal
- [22 Sep] Over It by Mary Buchan ★★★★
- [23 Sep] Faded by Chloe MIles
- [24 Sep] Moment of Zen! Naps!
- [24 Sep] Dead Beautiful by Yvonne Woon
- [25 Sep] Raven by Stacey Rourke ★★★★½
- [25 Sep] Cat Thursday! Sleepy babies!
- [26 Sep] Made for You by Melissa Marr ★★★★★
- [26 Sep] Block by J.A. Huss
- [28 Sep] Sunday Post!
- [28 Sep] Frightfall Read a thon!
- [29 Sep] Maplecroft by Cherie Priest ★★★
- [29 Sep] Everlasting by Candace Knoebel ★★★★
- [30 Sep] Miraval's Sweet & Savory Cooking by Justin Cline MacyKim Macy ★★★★
- [30 Sep] Book Blitz & Giveaway! Stronger by Sarah Greyson
- Wonderfully Wicked Read a Thon Oct 17 – 27
- Dewey’s 24 Hour Read-a-thon is nearly upon us! Oct 18, 2014!
- Chills and Thrills Read a thon Oct 24 – Oct 31
- All Hallow’s Read – GIVE someone a scary book!
- HO HO HO HOliday Read a thon! Nov 6 – 11