The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~
~ It’s a chance to share news~
A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.
- [1 Jan] Jan Reading Goals
- [1 Jan] How to Hang a Witch (How to Hang a Witch, #1) by Adriana Mather, Liz Lawler ★★★★
- [5 Jan] Book Review: The Color of Magic by Terry Pratchett ★★★★★
- [5 Jan] Bout of Books & Jan Readathon
- [6 Jan] Book Blog Discussions – Top Favorites of 2017
- [7 Jan] Sunday Post! Hello 2018!
- [8 Jan] Haunting the Deep (How to Hang a Witch, #2) by Adriana Mather ★★★★
- [10 Jan] One of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus ★★★★★
- [11 Jan] Skinny by Donna Cooner ★★★★★
- [12 Jan] Book Review: Light Fantastic by Terry Pratchett ★★★★★
- [13 Jan] Book Blog Discussions – Top Favorites of Upcoming Books
- [14 Jan] Sunday Post! Jan is Readathon Central!
- [15 Jan] The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith ★★★★
- [16 Jan] Top Ten Tuesday: Four Reading Resolutions that are NOT Resolutions
- [17 Jan] Ricochet Joe [Kindle in Motion] (Kindle Single) by Dean Koontz ★★★½
- [18 Jan] Book Review: Antithesis by Terra Whiteman
- [18 Jan] Project Semicolon by Amy Bleuel
- [19 Jan] Book Review: Equal Rites by Terry Pratchett ★★★★★
- [20 Jan] Book Blog Discussions – To Fold of Not to Fold a Paperback
- [21 Jan] Sunday Post! Why is it so cold!?
- [22 Jan] 99 Keys to a Creative Life: Spiritual, Intuitive, and Awareness Practices for Personal Fulfillment by Melissa Harris ★★★★★
- [23 Jan] Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Enjoyed but Cannot Remember
- [24 Jan] Scone Cold Killer (All-Day Breakfast Café Mystery #1) by Lena Gregory ★★★
- [25 Jan] Frankenstein, or The Modern Prometheus by Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley, Percy Bysshe Shelley ★★★½
- [26 Jan] Book Review: Mort by Terry Pratchett ★★★★★
- [27 Jan] Scone Cold Killer (All-Day Breakfast Café Mystery #1) by Lena Gregory ★★★★½
- [31 Jan] Everything, Everything by David Yoon, Nicola Yoon ★★★★½
- [1 Feb] Beauty and the Beast: Lost in a Book by Jennifer Donnelly ★★★★
- [2 Feb] The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks, Sarah Pekkanen ★★★★★
How was your New Year?
I have to admit my Christmas and New Year have been pretty amazing! My Mother-in-law visited, and I just love her! She is not the stereotypical MIL, so that makes life wonderful. I feel like we did a wonderful job to make her feel loved and spoiled but I was also loved and spoiled. I got so many books!
Here are just a few pics from Christmas week:
I don’t even know what number this was, but we had so many pics by this point, they were all just done. I don’t even know where Annabelle is…
So, I decided to take them individually and maybe I can photoshop them together… although I do not have those kind of skills, we’ll see…
This is what Christmas in Louisiana looks like. The Mumsy did much better at standing still than the pups did, I have to say! <3 We all went to see Jumanji, which was hilarious and much better than I anticipated. And I had high hopes for it too! It was a toss up between that and The Greatest Showman, so I don’t think either would have been a bad choice. But seriously?! Dwayne Johnson (I still call him The Rock, I can’t help myself), Jack Black, AND Kevin Hart? Not to mention that I loved Karen Gillian in Dr. Who! If you haven’t seen it, it’s hilarity will have you rolling out of your seat. I definitely recommend it. Plus, it’s a great way to warm up with the coldness we all have this winter!
Reading plans this weekend:
Ok, so I’m mixing my reading plans for this week with Around the Blogosphere because there is just so much! Oh my goodness! SO much is going on right now! Life and Lit’s schedule for the Jan BoTM is The Hate u Give (down there), so I think I’m going to get myself that book for my bday! Also, I got Kidnapped by Robert Louis Stephenson, so that’s something I need to finish soon. It’s taking me a minute because it’s not hitting any spots, but here’s hoping, once he gets kidnapped (poor thing) I’ll get more excited.
Also, Bout of Books is coming around! I’m going to do a separate post just for that one because the list is long and the struggle to get that list read is REAL! But I always make a list and hopefully this time I won’t fail at reading it!
Super excited so far too, because although I forgot to sign up early for the Winter’s Respite Readathon, I have been like a reading demon and I’m tearing through the books! Although, like I said, Kidnapped is being a bit weird, but hopefully throwing some other books into the mix will help that.
Looks like a lot of reading for Jan though, which is perfect with this horrendous weather. If I’m not reading, I just want to curl up and sleep. The cold and I do not get along…
Hope your Jan is warming up, or at least you have a good book to keep your thoughts warm!