The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~
~ It’s a chance to share news~
A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.
What’s happening here:
Ok, so full disclosure, I weighed last week and I’m 182 pounds. I’m 5’10” so I’m just starting to look overweight but I feel like crap. Getting up and exercising is a real chore so the hubs and I are trying to figure out what works best for us and our four mutts. This is tough! It’s really hot here in Louisiana so exercising past 8 in the morning isn’t going to happen. We’re thinking we’ll need to start walking every day at 7:30 pm. I used to run and it seemed so easy to be motivated and now all I want to do is cry! Our diet isn’t that bad although we could stand to lose some carbs. Carbs are my fav! My main problem is eating when I’m bored or depressed. I love to eat while I read. I am sure you can imagine how hard that makes reading when I don’t have snacks. I’m shooting for losing just one pound a week through January but losing the first 10 will really give me some confidence and hopefully that encouragement that I need to stay motivated! Any secrets? I’m sure it really is just a DO IT moment. Going to join up with #FitReaders and get walking! At least I will feel held accountable.
- Pondering: What in the world to eat and the best exercises. Way too much information out there.
- Reading: Kindling the Native Spirit by Denise Linn. Beautifully written book about getting closer to the earth. It is not long but I want to read every single word. So far I love it!
- Looking forward to: Summer Movies! What is going on with these summer blockbusters?! There are so many movies that I want to see! Me Before You comes out next week! The Conjuring 2, Star Trek Beyond, Finding Dory! And one I have been looking forward to for a year: The Secret Life of Pets!
- Favorite read from last month: I didn’t read much in May but I did get to read some cozy mysteries! Chihuahua Chaos is a really short, fast, but sweet read and To Catch a Treat, both by Linda O. Johnston. This may be my new fav genre.
- Received/Purchased: I got some lovely books this week! I was on a non-fiction wave apparently!
How was your week?
- [2 May] The White Gold Score (Daniel Faust, #1.5) by Craig Schaefer ★★★★½
- [2 May] Alien Resurrection by A.C. Crispin, Kathleen O'Malley, Joss Whedon ★★★★★
- [4 May] Moment of Zen! Happy Birthday Hubster!
- [7 May] Geek of the week – Marvel’s Civil War
- [7 May] He said / She Said: Movie Review – Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War
- [7 May] Bout of Books for May
- [8 May] Sunday Post! Hello Sunshine
- [10 May] Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite NON Bookish Sites
- [11 May] Moment of Zen! The Deep Feels
- [11 May] Vacation, TBR, or Bed: Non-Fiction
- [12 May] Chihuahua Chaos: A Pet Rescue Mystery Novella by Linda O. Johnston ★★★★½
- [14 May] He said / She Said: Movie Review – Mr. Right
- [15 May] Sunday Post! Blogging Ahead and Read a thons!
- [16 May] The Dorito Effect: The Surprising New Truth About Food and Flavor by Mark Schatzker ★★★★★
- [17 May] Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Picked Up On A Whim
- [17 May] To Catch a Treat by Linda O. Johnston ★★★★½
- [18 May] Moment of Zen! Inner Peace
- [18 May] Vacation, TBR, or Bed: Teen & Ya
- [20 May] He said / She Said: Movie Review – Batman vs. Superman
- [22 May] Sunday Post! Getting Ready for Summer
- [23 May] The Feylands (The Hidden Lands #1) by Peter Meredith ★★★
- [24 May] Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Most Intimidating Books!
- [25 May] Moment of Zen! It is what it is
- [27 May] The Gatherer: A Brilliant Darkness Story by A.G. Henley ★★★½
- [29 May] Sunday Post! Getting Ready for Summer #2
- [30 May] Harmony Black (Harmony Black, #1) by Craig Schaefer ★★★★½
June 1 – August 31, 2016:
June 1 – 7, 2016:
July 18-24, 2016:
July 23-24, 2016: