The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~
~ It’s a chance to share news~
A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.
I hope everyone’s September is moving along swimmingly!
I, sadly, am in a funk! The last few books that I’ve read, Goldfinch and California (review coming soon), were both slow and hindered my reading process. Now it seems I don’t want to read anything. Everything I pick up from romance to horror just seems so BLAH!!
Maybe it’s because the hubster is gone too. I do have a few that I am excited about though. I just got book two for Yesterday’s Gone and I got the audio for The Exorcist! Somehow the hubster pre-orderd Lock In which has two different narrators! Funnily enough this sounds so up my alley and so not up his! Should be another interesting one. Hopefully the excitement keeps up this week. I also joined another book club! It seems that their ideas of good books matches exactly what I think are good books so I think this is going to be a match made in heaven! Our first book was California but our second book is Night Film. Lots of audios to listen to and some fabulous NetGalley’s coming up for October. More scary stuff while I’m alone… so smart!
Also! Some of you may have noticed that I have a new blogger buddy posting Short & Sweet reviews. This is my fabulous sister! She just really started reading so of course I had to coerce her to help me to review. Now to get the hubby and my daughter reviewing!!! Muahahahahah 😉
What do you do when you get into a reading slump? Power through or take a break? Is there a third option?
- [7 Sep] Sunday Post!
- [8 Sep] Horror Mondays! Movie Review: Oculus ★★★½
- [9 Sep] Book Blitz & Giveaway! The Undead: Playing for Keeps by Elsie Elmore
- [9 Sep] Allegiant by Veronica Roth ★★★★
- [10 Sep] Moment of Zen! Joan Rivers
- [11 Sep] Crane by Stacey Rourke ★★★★½
- [11 Sep] Cat Thursday! Need Friends!
- [12 Sep] Getting By by Claudia Burgoa ★★★★
- [12 Sep] The Hockey Saint by Howard Shapiro ★★★½
- Fairy Tale Blog Hop by Herding Cats & Burning Soup! Sept 15 – 22
- The Haunting of Hill House! Read a Long – SIGN UP! Sept 1 – Oct 1
- Frightfall Read a thon! Sept 29 – Oct 5th!
- Dewey’s 24 Hour Read-a-thon is nearly upon us! Oct 18, 2014!
Something I really, really need From Herding Cats & Burning Soup: