The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~
~ It’s a chance to share news~
A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.
Ok… so I must admit something… It’s dreadful and I know some of you are going to yell at me.
I have started Christmas shopping!
Ok, ok… no evil looks! I love Christmas! I cannot help myself. What’s funny is that we never had good Christmases as children. I should really hate the holidays because all it brought on our house was fights, fights, arguments, and more fights! But I love to love the holidays!
From Halloween until my birthday at the beginning of Jan, I am the happiest person EVER! I get to read the scariest of the scary, my hubby and I go to see our “one” scary film of the year (he hates scary movies so that’s our compromise) and then Thanksgiving, and then Christmas! I love it! Yesterday I found myself looking at gifts and dying to start picking some up so I thought, why not!? Early is better than stressing out the week OF Christmas, right? Plus I paint… if I am going to send a painting it needs to be fully visualized and put onto canvas which takes FOREVER. Plus the drying… oy!
So… yes, I confess. I started shopping and although I love Halloween I cannot wait for Christmas!
What’s your favorite holiday? How do you get prepare for it?
- [24 Aug] Sunday Post!
- [25 Aug] Birth of a Vampire by Gayla Twist ★★★★★
- [26 Aug] The Martin House by Trina M. Ward ★★★★
- [26 Aug] Book Blitz, Guest Post, & Giveaway! Catch My Breath by Lynn Montagano
- [27 Aug] Deep South by Rachel Dunning
- [27 Aug] Save My Soul by Zoe Winters ★★★★½
- [28 Aug] Where Life Takes You by Claudia Y. Burgoa ★★★★
- [28 Aug] Mary Hades by Sarah Dalton ★★★★
- [29 Aug] Athena’s Ashes by Jamie Grey
- [29 Aug] Gypsy by Trisha Leigh ★★★½
- Fairy Tale Blog Hop by Herding Cats & Burning Soup!
- The Haunting of Hill House! Read a Long – SIGN UP!
- Frightfall Read a thon! Sept 29 – Oct 5th!
- ZOctober! FULL month of zombie and apocalyptic goodness!
IT’s COMING! It’s coming!!!
Dewey’s 24 Hour Read-a-thon is nearly upon us! Oct 18, 2014!
I’m really excited because for some reason I always get a lot done during Dewey’s 24 hour Read a thon. I set goals that I actually reach! Surprising, I know! I think it may be the fact that it’s only one 24 hour period. My hubby knows that he will have the pups fully that day, and he brings me coffee and tons of food 😀 I also normally make snacks ahead of time so I’m all set for a full 24 hours of nothing keeping comfy and reading, reading, reading!
Always a wonderful experience! Maybe I’ll be a cheerleader again this year. Means reading less but talking to people more!