The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~
~ It’s a chance to share news~
A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.
Wow! I was so excited about Bout of Books that I created a long list of about 12 that I really wanted to get to. Sadly school and The Goldfinch totally derailed that plan.
Although the Goldfinch is a long book I didn’t think it would take me quite so long to read it! It was good but I think that number kept throwing me off of my game. On average I read 150 to 250 page books and seem to tear through them so I didn’t think an 800 page book would be all that different. At least not until I started it and had been reading for quite some time and looked to check my percentage.
BIG MISTAKE!!!! I was only at 3%. It was all uphill from there. I kept wanting to do other things. And maybe I should have just put it down but I also had to read it for book club so I kept telling myself to stick with it.
What do you guys think of long books? What’s your average (happy feeling) page number?
- [17 Aug] Sunday Post!
- [17 Aug] Bout of Books Read a Thon #11!
- [18 Aug] Horror Mondays! Book Review: Blackout by Tim Curran ★★★★
- [18 Aug] Book Blitz & Giveaway! Pandora Boxed Set
- [19 Aug] Lore: Tales of Myth and Legend Retold by Brinda Berry, Cate Dean, Jayne A. Knolls, Karen Y. Bynum, Laura Diamond, Theresa DaLayne ★★★★
- [20 Aug] The Healing by Jacqueline Druga ★★★★½
- [20 Aug] Book Blitz & Giveaway! Shades of Chaos
- [21 Aug] A Lesson in Passion by Peggy Hunter ★★★
- [22 Aug] Giveaway, Blitz, Guest Post, & Excerpt! The Druid Series 9: Baird by Marata Eros
- Fairy Tale Blog Hop by Herding Cats & Burning Soup!
- Frightfall Read a thon! Sept 29 – Oct 5th!
- ZOctober! FULL month of zombie and apocalyptic goodness!