Where we bring you two completely different viewpoints about one topic!
And today, we bring you:
I watched Sam Rockwell and Anna Kendrick in a few interviews prior to seeing this. I was excited prior to seeing the movie. These two are just great, putting them into a movie together is a genius move. Anna says that Sam Rockwell dances in all of his films. He does has some great moves and now the hubby and I are planning on watching all of his films just to double check his dance skills.
- First Impressions: It looked funny as hell and interesting.
- Favorite/Least fav character: I can’t decide between the two main characters. I liked both of them for different reasons.
- Favorite part: When they meet. It was really funny. The behavior of Francis was hilarious.
- Plot pluses: Great film, good story line, good drive, and it ended well. Tim Roth was also great.
- Plot minuses: There were some gaps in the story that could have been better explained.
- Writing Style: It was good.
- Personal Enjoyment: I just liked how the characters were developed and the story line. Good date night movie for the twisted (which my wife is).
- Rating: 4/5
- First Impressions: Watched the trailer on Demand and laughed our butts off. We decided on a whim to try it out. Weirdly, it’s a Rom Com, but with some odd twists. I was having a day and needed something funny. This hit every spot! Sam Rockwell and Anna Kendrick are awesome together.
- Favorite character: How can I choose between Frances and Martha? Just don’t call him Frances. Seriously, they are both great characters with a lot of issues!
- Plot pluses: Every thing. EVERY. SINGLE. THING. I loved it. This is like if Quentin Tarantino did a romance. It is hilarious and has it’s serious moments, just like a rom com.
- Plot minuses: Not enough blood.
- Writing Style: Outrageously hilarious. This is one of those movies where you will forget the real world exists. Bring popcorn! You’ll need it.
- Personal Enjoyment: Obviously every single minute. From the beginning of the movie it has this sort of level that just kept me laughing.
- Rating: 5/5
- Further comments: This is a must see. At least, if you’re into strange comedies with a little romance.