Series: Discworld #20
on December 13, 2002
Narrator: NIgel Planner
Length: 9 hrs and 49 mins
Genres: Fantasy, Satire
Susan had never hung up a stocking . She'd never put a tooth under her pillow in the serious expectation that a dentally inclined fairy would turn up. It wasn't that her parents didn't believe in such things. They didn't need to believe in them. They know they existed. They just wished they didn't.
There are those who believe and those who don't. Through the ages, superstition has had its uses. Nowhere more so than in the Discworld where it's helped to maintain the status quo. Anything that undermines superstition has to be viewed with some caution. There may be consequences, particularly on the last night of the year when the time is turning. When those consequences turn out to be the end of the world, you need to be prepared. You might even want more standing between you and oblivion than a mere slip of a girl - even if she has looked Death in the face on numerous occasions...
One opinion from the author of this website, Christina Torretta and the other, her hubby!
And today, we bring you:
Hogfather by Terry Pratchett:
- Cover: Cool ass cover! It’s all about the sherry.
- Synopsis: It doesn’t reveal anything other than Susan. Great synopsis!
- Page 99: — Listened on Audible.
- Narrator — Awesome as always!
- Favorite character: Albert cause he loves to drink Sherry.
- Plot pluses: Very well driven, very well written.
- Plot minuses:
- Rating: 4.5
- Further comments: Read this book around the holidays!
- Cover: Not as good as some of his other but it brings the point across.
- Synopsis: Love it!
- Page 99: Listened on Audible.
- Narrator — I can listen to Nigel Planner forever. I love his voice and the way he does these characters. It’s actually strange when I hear someone else narrating Terry Pratchett!
- Favorite character: Oh goodness… I don’t think there is a character in this that I do NOT like! I guess I would have to go with Quoth, the raven. He’s just hilarious! But so is the Death of Rats! When those two come together I just have to hold my gut because I know I’m going to be laughing. It’s like crunches but so much easier!
- Plot pluses: I love the way this story unfolds. It’s quite curious to begin with but as the story progresses and we get more information, it’s just fabulous. The characters are amazing also. I loved all of the weird added characters like the God of Hangovers… ohhh that poor guy!
- Plot minuses:
- Rating: 4.5/5
- Further comments: This is one of my favorite Terry Pratchett books. So many characters that are already loved but in this they really come out. It’s a fast and easy read!