Where we bring you two completely different viewpoints about one fabulous book!
One opinion from the author of this website, Nova Reylin and the other, her hubby!
And today, we bring you:
Feet of Clay by Terry Pratchett:
‘Sorry?’ said Carrot. If it’s just a thing, how can it commit murder? A sword is a thing’ – he drew his own sword; it made an almost silken sound – ‘and of course you can’t blame a sword if someone thrust it at you, sir.’
For members of the City Watch, life consists of troubling times, linked together by periods of torpid inactivity. Now is one such troubling time. People are being murdered, but there’s no trace of anything alive having been at the crime scene. Is there ever a circumstance in which you can blame the weapon not the murderer? Such philosophical questions are not the usual domain of the city’s police, but they’re going to have to start learning fast…
- Cover: Very dull, could have been a better cover to reflect the main plot and characters of the story.
- Synopsis: That’s awesome! Makes me want to know what the hell they’re talking about!
- Page 99: — Listened on Audible.
- Favorite character: Dorfel! I would have said the imp from the smart box, but Dorfel is just awesome.
- Plot pluses: Terry Pratchett really kept the main plot in this in the dark. He ties everything up at the end.
- Plot minuses: Nothing!
- Rating: 4/5
- Further comments: Always start at the first book if you have not read this series. Start with Guards, Guards. If you have read this series, RE read it! It’s worth every minute!
- Cover: Dark, mysterious, interesting!
- Synopsis: YAY! The Watch!! I am already intrigued because I love reading about The Watch.
- Page 99: Listened on Audible.
- Favorite character: Oh my… Asking to pick a favorite character in a Terry Pratchett book seems sacrilegious. Vimes, Carrot, Detrytus, Angua, Colon… just to name a few! And there are so many more!
- Plot pluses: As per usual for Terry Pratchett books, this is hilarious! My favorite line is when Colon is hanging from a balcony and screaming… Oh Gods, Oh Gods, Oh GodOhGodOhGod!!! It’s just so realistic! I’m pretty sure something like that would come out of my mouth if I were hanging from a balcony… maybe a few more curse words though.
- Plot minuses: —
- Rating: 4/5
- Further comments:
Again, Terry Pratchett is one of my favorite authors. I stand at bookstores waiting for the doors to open on the days his new books are released. These are the few books that I can listen to on Audible and I can read and re read this books multiple times. I just can’t get enough!
If you’re not a Terry Pratchett fan yet, you ought to be!