- Every month, we’ll update this 2015 Book Blog Challenge Page with the links to that month’s Challenge linky – so you’ll always know where to find the latest link-up!
- Share it! The more people we get to participate in this, the more awesome discussions we can all be a part of and the more fun it will be! So, invite your friends to join us!
- This challenge is to help get us discussing books and book blogging, so talk about whatever you want as long as it’s relevant to book blogging. Discussions can be book related or book blogging related (or generally blogging related – no discussions about things that are completely off-topic like travel or fashion, etc). Discussions can also be about you personally if it’s a get-to-know-you type post.
Reading Challenges! Do or do not?
I really enjoy reading challenges but I always forget about them! I think I finished Bingo in 2012 and looked for that in 2013 and in 2014 because it was just so much fun! The best place I found to find a variety of challenges is over at You, Me, and a Cup of Tea. There are a TON in that list! A lot of good ones too.
If you’re a challenge addict, there is even a challenge called the challenge addict challenge!
MY biggest challenge has been clearing out my Netgalley queue. Of course I’m not going to STOP requesting books! That would be crazy. But I am down to 47 on my shelf as of today! I would love to bring that down to 10 or so at a time! So I am going to join a TBR challenge just to help me keep on track!
Since I will probably continue requesting throughout the year, I’m anticipating reading 50 or so books just from Netgalley!
And a non-fiction challenge. I’m actually interested in this one because I love, love, love cookbooks and self-help books. Also, I plan to read quite a few spiritual and psychology books this year so this one is right up my alley!
And again, how can I NOT join the bookish resolution challenge? Even the button for it looks super cute!
My resolutions are:
- To ENJOY reading first and foremost. If I don’t like a book, I’m putting it down!
- Get my Netgalley to read shelf to 10 books or less at any given moment!
- Get out of my BOX by reading books I’ve wanted to but never have and reading books that are not in MY lovely favorite genres.
- Read 300 books in 2015!
- Participate in at least two read a thons (but not over night!)
- Make a Bucket List for all the fun bookish things I want to do and read in 2015 and actually DO THEM! (bucket list posting next week)
Another really cute challenge I found is over at Pop Sugar. This is another challenge where there are myriad of different books, dates, and reasons! And it’s all fun! In total 52 books:
- A book with more than 500 pages
- A classic romance
- A book that became a movie
- A book published this year
- A book with a number in the title
- A book written by someone under 30
- A book with nonhuman characters
- A funny book
- A book by a female author
- A mystery or thriller
- A book with a one word title
- A book of short stories
- A book set in a different country
- A non-fiction book
- A book from an author you love that you haven’t read yet
- A book a friend recommended
- A Pulitzer prize winning book
- A book based on a true story
- A book at the bottom of your to-read list
- A book your mom loves
- A book that scares you
- A book more than 100 years old
- A book based entirely on its cover
- A book you were supposed to read in school but didn’t
- A memoir
- A book you can finish in a day
- A book with antonyms in the title
- A book set somewhere you’ve always wanted to visit
- A book that came out the year you were born
- A book with bad reviews
- A trilogy
- A book from your childhood
- A book with a love triangle
- A book set in the future
- A book set in high school
- A book with a color in the title
- A book about magic
- A graphic novel
- A book by an author you’ve never read before
- A book you own but have never read
- A book that takes place in your hometown
- A book that was originally written in a different language
- A book set during Christmas
- A book written by an author with your same initials
- A play
- A banned book
- A book based on or turned into a TV show
- A book you started but never finished
So… that’s quite enough for me! I’m looking forward to these challenges but at the same time I feel that I have not bitten off more than I can chew! For once.
What challenges, if any, are you excited about this year?